Heartiest Congratulations to Prof Datuk Noraieni, on being conferred the Darjah Kebesaran Mahkota Terengganu award, carrying the title Datuk, by His Royal Highness The Sultan of Terengganu on July 20, 2012.
Kind regard from UTM management team, staff and students.
Professor Datuk Dr Noraieni Hj Mokhtar’s Background
PhD : Physics –Laser Technology(UTM),
MSc : Physics-Ionisation (Univ. Coll. of Swansea Wales, UK)
BSc : Physics (State University of New York, Binghamton, NY, USA)
R & D, Management of Technology, Technopreneurship, Intellectual Property & Commercialisation Management, Technology Transfer, Incubator &Technology Park Management, Technology Evaluation (Engineering, Science, Biotech, ICT), Strategic Planning & R & D Organisation Management
Lasers, Bio-Medical applications, coastal engineering, Marine Science, Environmental studies, construction, fluid flows, physical modeling.
1. Member of International Association of Hydraulic Research (IAHR)
2. Member of Society for Optical Engineering (SPIEE), USA
3. Member of International Erosion Control Association (IECA)
4. Council Member for Malaysian Society for Marine Science (MSMS), VP
5. Exco Member, Confederation of Science and Technology Associations, Malaysia, COSTAM
Awards / Recognition
1) Gold Medal at the 27th International Inventions Exhibitions, New Techniques and New Products, Geneva, Switzerland for the Construction/Civil Engineering category (1999)
2) Gold Medal, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO),Geneva, Switzerland, for Best Woman Inventor
3) UTM’s Discovery Gold Medal Award in 1999 awarded by YAB Tun Dr.Mahathir Mohamad, Former PM of Malaysia
4) 3rd Prize, 13th Khwarizmi International Award from Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST), award given by President of Iran, Muhamad Khatami.
5) National Inventors Award for 1999 awarded by Dato’ Seri Abdullah Hj. Ahmad Badawi organised by the Ministry of Science, Technology & the Environment (MOSTE)
6) Special Award “R & D Manufacturing Category” R & D IPTA Expo’05. Min. of Higher Education
7. 7) National IP Award, Best Industrial Design, April 2007, MDTCA/MyIPO, PM